Sheet Metal Mechanic III
4863 W 118th pl
Hawthorne, Ca. 90250
To obtain a rewarding position that will utilize all knowledge and experience in the manufacturing and production field.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
Strong knowledge of manufacturing concepts, practices, procedures, development and fabrication. Extensive experience working with all sheet metal, structural and composite assemblies. Knowledge of quality assurance, principles, methods and processes. Strong knowledge and experience in aerospace standards and their general practices. Experience utilizing all types of hand measuring and layout instruments; all hand tools; and high performance tools and equipment. Effective verbal and written communication skills. Quick learner.
Manpower/Honeywell- Torrance, Ca. 90504
Sheet Metal Mechanic III/ Metal Fitter
· Blueprint Reading
· 5s Training/ Sort,Standerdize,Shine,Sustain,Separate
· Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement
· Experience with creform material
· Spin forming aluminum material to get accurate form specified on blueprint using tool fixture.
· Use of Torch to heat tool fixture.
· Fitting and preparing sub-assemblies for welders.
· Automatic punch press (Lance machine)
· Operating 8 ton punch press (Komatsu 80).
· Operating spin lathe and drill press.
· Installing blankets and safety wiring Ozone converters.
· Forming parts using power rollers.
· Visual detail inspection..
· I.D. and perform touch-up, chemfilming on final product.
· Installing helicoils and bushings.
· Bonding gaskets to steel rings
· Removing catalyst off core assembly.
· Installing inner rings on water separators.
Synchronous Aerospace- Santa Ana, Ca. 92705
- Perform structural assemblies and fastener installation on sub-assembly and final product.
- Blueprint Reading.
- 5s Training
- Performed precision assembly and various testing and rebuilding.
- Pull Testing
- Re-work and re-assemble product while maintaining proper documentation and records.
- Drilling, deburring, tapping,reaming,crimping, filing, grinding, counter boring, and counter sinking.
- Buck riveting flat head rivets using bucking bars and 2X, 4X bucking gun.
- Use of hand held pneumatic c-squeeze and floor mount c-squeeze.
- Shaving and drilling out rivets.
- Installing bushings, hi-loks, bolts and nut plates.
- Certified per LMA-PK004 click bond installation process.
- Worked with matting and bonding of complex honeycomb composite structures.
- Use of epoxies, sealants, and other adhesives.
- I.D. and perform touch-up, chemfilming on final product.
- Installing and removing helicoils and keenserts.
- Torquing up to 7000-8000 inch/lbs using multiplier and torque.
- Drilling using drill motor, mill, and drill press.
- Trimming and removing material using band saw and router.
Manpower/Honeywell- Torrance, Ca. 90504
Sheet Metal Mechanic III /Assembler
2009 - 2010
- Blueprint Reading
- 5s Training/ Sort,Standerdize,Shine,Sustain,Separate
- Familiar with SAP software
- Visual detail inspection
- Measuring in accordance to blueprint and MOT using height gages, calipers, micrometers, and scales.
- Probe welding
- Set up and operating machines such as (Lance, Mill, Spin Lathe, Drill press).
- Spin forming aluminum material to get accurate form specified on blueprint using tool fixture.
- Fabricate and build first article components of aircrafts.
- Check and straighten
- Forming parts using power rollers
- Assembling and building units for the V-22 Inferred Radiation Suppressor.
- Trimming, grinding, drilling, counter sinking, counter boring, and tapping.
- Alloying and preparing unit for braze.
- Finalizing, chemfilming, etching I. D. and preparing documents on final product.
- Fitting and preparing unit for welder.
- Riveting, polishing, tapping and deburring units.
Ace Clearwater Enterprise- Torrance, Ca. 90502
2004 - 2009
- Handling assemblies and parts for different customers such as (Boeing, MD Helicopter, Monogram, and Honeywell).
- Reporting all questions and errors on documents to manufacturing and quality engineer.
- Scheduling and prioritizing parts in different departments.
- Keeping track of all work and rework orders that are in-house and outside process.
- Giving the Director of Operations and Program Manager a daily status on assemblies and parts.
- Inspect parts for handling damage.
- Responsible for parts being assembled and ready to be shipped by due date.
- Daily products and Material processing shipping activities.
- Receiving, inspecting, packing, and expediting material.
- Daily inventory counts/ cycle counts
- Identifying material storage and stock locations.
- Managing inventory transactions
- Matching documents with material being received
- Managing Rejected Raw Material and associated corrective action implantation
- Verifying correct count being brought into stock.
- Issuing material to job travelers.
- Organizing rack by customers.
- Track material with limited shelf life or expiration dates
- Verifying job traveler to blueprint specifications
- First piece inspection
- Assemble tools and tooling for set-up
- Drilling, grinding, and deburring.
Torrance Adult School
- General Education Diploma
El Camino Community College
- Machine Tool Technology