Account Receivbale Manager
Renee Sherman 13959 Lemoli Ave.
Hawthorne, CA. 90250
Objective: Seeking a management position in the field of finance. My greatest attributes are my ability to effectively communicate and resolve issues. I like being challenged and welcome positive change.
Sony Pictures Entertainment
9/07 – 3/2013 Customer & Finance Credit Manager
- Management daily functions of the A/R Department
- Develop and maintain effective business relations with customers
- Responsible for a $250M portfolio which included big box retailers such as Wal-Mart, Target, Costco and Amazon, Transworld, Alliance (AEC), Ingram, etc…
- Duties included Deduction/Chargeback Management, Invoice Collection/Reconciliation
- Collaborated with Sales, Operations and Marketing departments to provide best in class service for our Customers.
- Prepare ad hoc reports for all department as required
- Provide support for all department as required
- Reconcile Collection Accounts/ Collect on outstanding billings
- Analyze Bad Debt/Review A/R aging
- Reviewing, Prepare and Distribute weekly/monthly/A/R reports
- Assess collections and procedures and implement changes
- Provide support for month, quarter and year-end close
- Provide leadership, feedback, coaching and mentoring to staff
- Special projects as needed
9/02 – 9/07 Senior Credit Analysts/ Team Leader
- Manage a portfolio of Sony’s top revenue generating customers with the ultimate responsibility for ensuring assigned accounts are being handled in the following:
- In-depth deduction research and analysis on all accounts
- Collection of all receivables
- Reconciliation and processing of customer deductions
- Negotiation and resolution of disputed items and settlements
- Management Reporting on weekly & monthly basis
- Work closely with Analysts in organizing roles and responsibilities and become the ultimate reporter to Senior Management on the status of assigned accounts
- Responsible to facilitate training sessions and power point presentations for all existing as well as new associates in order to use the current systems to its fullest potential.
- Recommend and implement process improvement that will increase the efficiency of the Credit Department.
- Assist in the creation and responsible for updating of policies and procedures manual of the Credit & Customer Finance Department.
- Develop, expand and cultivate relationships with customers, trading partners and professional associations as well as internal departments such as IT, Sales and Clint Operations.
- Mentor to an assigned group of credit analysts to ensure critical areas of collections and deductions are consistently being met.
- Perform other adhoc duties as required by Management.
Vengroff, William & Associates, Inc. – Sony Pictures Entertainment
(Columbia Tri-Star) Culver City, Ca.
9/01 – 9/02 Project Lead – Credit Customer and Finance
- Supervise staff of five
- Oversee project operation to its fulfillment
- Service all accounts and provide help and support to Outsource Team and Management
- Worked directly with Credit Manager to implement strategies and procedures to achieve business objectives
- Developed and executed strategies for reduction of aging
- Maintained monthly A/R Portfolio of 80 million – chargeback’s, invoices, debits and credit, including high reconciliation and heavy volume clients
- Reconciled accounts, initiated collection calls and follow-up, as well as prepared cash applications and credit journals.
- Established excellent customer rapport with customer base
9/00 – 8/31/01 – Kulicke & Soffa – Gilbert, Az.
Accounts Receivable/Credit & Collections Administrator
- Collection Analyst with outstanding receivables of approximately 10 million
- Collection calls, letters, account reconciliation and adjustments
- Cash postings and charge Visa/MC/American Express verification, bank deposit, forecasting
- Team with Sales Department and Controller for verification of invoice payment/sales commission payment
- Worked with outside vendors to implement lines of credit for the company
- Research, analyze and reconcile customer accounts including credit memos, chargeback’s and adjustments
- Compile and update end-of-the-month reports (i.e., Bad Debit Review, Acct. Monitoring, etc.)
- Daily invoicing
6/99 – 9/00 – Leiner Health Product – Carson, Ca
Regional Collections Analyst
- Collection Analyst for the two largest corporate accounts of Leiner Health Products totaling approximately 156.2 million in receivables per year with focus on invoices that are 60-days outstanding
- Daily automated collection letters on outstanding invoices
- Created and mailed adjustment letters to customers for various types of deductions including shortages, returns, damages, discounts, freight claims, pricing and miscellaneous
- Researched, analyzed and reconciled customer accounts including credit memos, chargeback’s and adjustments
- Forecasted weekly receivables
- Compiled and updated end-of-the-month reports (i.e., Bad Debit Review, Acct. Monitoring, etc.)
Summary of Skills:
- Strong knowledge of MS/Excel/Word/Access 98 & 2000, AS-4000, Oracle Applications, JD Edward, Data-Serv, US-5, Outlook, 10-key by touch. Extensive systems and EDI knowledge
- Excellent communication & organizational skills.
- Heavy account reconciliation background.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multitask under pressure
- Self starter.
Education: West LA Community College – Pursing a degree in Finance/Accounting
Workshops attended: 7 Habits of Highly Effective people, Achieving your Highest Priorities and Discovering Self Leading and Motivating, Coaching Development, Developing Employees, Goal Setting/Motivating Performance, Time Management and others.